Role in Data Processing
All personal data is handled in accordance with the GDPR 2018,
Aluminati is the Data Controller for your personal data held for the purposes of account administration, billing, and the storage and management of your email data stored on the servers;
Lawful Basis for Processing
Aluminati processes data in order to perform its service contracts with you, to provide you with services during the registration/unpaid trial phase and to provide you with further services in the subscription phase.
By registering for this service, you are explicitly consenting to Aluminati:
- Collecting the information you provide to us via the Service registration form
- Storing information that you generate during the normal use of the service. This includes, but is not limited to, emails that you send and receive, address book data and general preferences. Any correspondence between you and Aluminati in relation to the service is archived for future reference.
Purpose & Use of Information
Aluminati will process your information for such purposes as (but not exclusive to);
- Providing the normal operations and maintenance of the service
- Communicating announcements informing members of important information regarding the service
- Verifying your University Membership (via your oxon.org address) in order to provide you with the service
- Verifying your security information (e.g. to respond to support requests)
- Internal statistical analysis
While Aluminati keep records of financial transactions for accounting purposes, debit / credit card details are NOT recorded, nor ever seen, by us in the case of an online payment being made. All such information is via by our 3rd party online transaction handler and we refer you to their own privacy policies.
The service operates on a strictly opt-in basis and will be accessible only to other users of the Service.
Aluminati will retain some aspects of your personal data (e.g. billing records) for up to 6 completed tax years for compliance and good practice in accordance with HMRC accounting records guidance.
Other aspects of your personal data will be retained until you (the data subject) reasonably asks that your records be deleted.
Aluminati will not process or transfer any of your personal data outside of EEA countries not subject to the GDPR. Naturally should you access the service whilst outside of the EU, the transfer of your data to your device in that location will be considered implicitly authorised by you. Messages sent via the service to other users or people who are outisde the EEA are similarly considered explicitly authorised by you.
Your information is stored in a password protected database which is never accessible by the public or any non-authorised employee of Aluminati. Authentication information, such as passwords and security answers, is encrypted.
Aluminati will not disclose your personal data to any third party other than:-
- with your consent; and/or
- in accordance with these conditions; and/or
- or the purpose of properly administering your account; and/or
- in order to process and verify an online payment; and/or
- if required to do so by law; and/or
- where requested to do so by the police or other regulatory authority; and/or
- in the good faith belief that any disclosure is reasonably necessary to:-
- enforce these conditions; and/or
- respond to any complaint concerning or connected with your use of the Service; and/or
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Aluminati, the University, the registered users of the Service and the public.
Your email address will not be given to any 3rd party for the purposes of advertising or promotions, without your consent.
Accuracy & Access
- Email Aluminati for a copy of your stored details and/or inform them of any changes that need to be made
- Access and update your profile data via an online profile interface (My Account).
Aluminati will require that you suitably identify yourself before accessing your information.
There is no charge applied for the supply of this information.
Aluminati will refuse access for the following reasons:
- The request does not relate to the information belonging to the person making the request.
- Insufficient identification is produced.
- Denial of access is required by law.
- Providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of an individual or individuals.
- The information provided for modification is reasonably believed to be false.
- Providing access would interfere with any legal proceedings or negotiations relating to the individual.
Aluminati does not accept any responsibility for other websites or activities undertaken through them and you are advised to read the privacy policies on those sites.
In the event that you are directed to a secure server while using the Service, for example in the case of making an online payment, it is your responsibility to check that the web site is authentic by verifying the URL as correct. You should also check to ensure the web site is secured by looking for the 'padlock' symbol or an URL beginning with "https://". In the event of any uncertainty please contact Aluminati before proceeding.
Aluminati does not accept any responsibility for any breach of privacy resulting from a member’s compromised computer system or security information where the breach did not occur as a result of an action or inaction by Aluminati. This includes, but is not limited to, the case of a password being stolen and used to access the member's profile or email account for purposes including sabotage and data theft.
Supervisory Authority Registration
Aluminati is registered with the Information Commissioner under membership number Z8393842.
If, for any reason, you feel the need to complain or comment about these privacy practices or policies please contact Aluminati using the details provided below so that we may resolve the situation.
Service Provider Contact
Aluminati Network Group Ltd.
Hyperion House (Top Floor)
The Oaks, Fordham Road
Suffolk. CB8 7XN
Fax: +44 (0)1638 676 232
Service NewsUpdated 71 days ago
Server Maintenance - Wed March 13 to Fri March 22
10:25 on 12th Mar
We will be performing maintenance on the servers between Wednesday March 13th and Friday March 22.
Services should remain available during this time, however, there may be a few moments of disruption as servers are taken offline and services fail over.
Server Maintenance - starting Sat Feb 16th at 18:00GMT
10:57 on 14th Feb
We will be performing some server maintenance starting at 18:00GMT on Sat Feb 16th and finishing at 06:00GMT on Mon Feb 18th.
Services will remain available during the maintenance window, but some minor disruption is to be expected.